The COVID-19 virus has spread across the world and has wreaked havoc on individuals & businesses here in Manitoba. Birtle Riverside Golf Course recognizes the significance of the impact this virus is having and that the well-being of our staff and the general public is the number one priority.
For this reason, we are deciding to open our golf course only under the stipulation that all those who come to the golf course are strictly abiding by
the rules that we have set in place to protect everyone. At this time, we are planning on opening the golf course as per usual with guidelines in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 in our facility and community. These are extraordinary times and they call for extraordinary measures. Should the situation change and our governing bodies call for our business to cease
operation or we find that it is no longer safe to do so, we will close the doors until we are comfortable to reopen them. This can happen by just one erson not abiding by our regulations so we are asking everyone to please
honor the guidelines we have set below or we will be forced to ask them to leave our property for the foreseeable future.
Expectations from golfers:
- If you have a cough, fever or have been in contact with someone who is not feeling well, stay home. If you
have traveled outside of the country or province in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who
has, stay home. Anyone not abiding by these regulations will be asked to leave and not return for 14
- Practice Social Distancing, remain 6 feet apart from others at ALL TIMES (parking lot, tee boxes, putting
greens, fairways, everywhere)
- Golfers are encouraged to bring towels, hand sanitizer and other such items to help keep their high contact
areas on their cart, golf balls and clubs clean.
- Flagsticks are to remain in the hole.
- Walking is encouraged but if you are riding in a golf cart, ensure that your cellphone and personal property
remain in your golf bag. Please keep them away from high contact areas of the cart.
Golf Course Operation Under COVID-19 Regulations:
- BRGC will strictly adhere to the guidelines set by local, provincial & federal governments to ensure the health and safety of public and staff
- Signage with information on social distancing, expectations of golfers, and policy changes will be
appropriately placed throughout the property
- Increase in cleaning, sanitation and disinfection of all high contact areas. Staff will be properly equipped and
educated on the practices we have in place to prevent the spread of communicable diseases
- All golf carts will be washed & disinfected prior to and after use. Only ONE PERSON per golf cart is
permitted unless they are from the same household. This includes member owned carts as well.
- Employees on site will be kept to a minimum
- Tee times will be appropriately separated to reduce the number of people around the first tee and pro shop.
We please ask that golfers refrain from waiting in high traffic areas or around others for their tee time and head
to the first tee only once the group ahead of them has cleared
- All Bunker rakes & ball washers will be closed or removed
- Washrooms on the course will be CLOSED
- Dining room will be closed, only walk through traffic to our washrooms and to pick up orders will be
- Kitchen will open on a take out, limited menu basis only until it is safe to fully open our dine in option.
- Golfers may order items from our limited menu to take on the golf course.
- Only 2 individuals allowed in the restaurant area at one time. Lines will be set on the ground to show proper
social distancing when waiting for your order.
- Beverage cart operation is yet to be determined
- Washrooms in the building will be open and cleaned regularly
At the moment we have not postponed any club events. Updates on Men’s & Ladies Night & Senior Men’s League will be given at a later date. Decisions on tournaments will be made at the appropriate time and will be postponed if deemed necessary.
Please stay up to date with changes or updates to these policies via our social media channels or via our email.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us
On behalf of the Birtle Riverside Golf Club, we hope everyone is staying safe, adhering to the health authorities’ recommendations and doing their part to work through this pandemic together!